Monday, October 8, 2012

My mother died....


My mother died on September 23, 2012. I never thought about it too much because my Mom was so vibrant. She was 80, but her health issues were very recent. She succumbed only about 5 months before she became ill. As I said, her life force was so palpable that we thought she would out live all of us. But, as she said, “it was her time to go.” So times, I catch me calling her. Just last Sunday,  I picked up my cell phone and just realized she is gone. Dead. My mom is dead. I sometimes I say that over and over just so I can convince myself that she is gone.  On Facebook, my tribute about my mother resonated. So many people commented, and that helped with my grieving process. When my Dad died almost 20 years ago, I do remember grieving, but I think this different for some reason. Maybe it’s because I was so close with her. How knows? I have been thinking a lot about life and death recently because of my stroke. But, life goes on. Seems kinda trite, but it is life -- and death.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so grateful to find your blog. Your recovery, and interestingly, your grief over the loss of your mother, means so much to me. I am learning that stroke, life, and death are so varied and yet such a commonality that so many of us share. Thanks for sharing. www.homegirlinvestigation.com