The other night when Heather was getting Ethan ready for bed, he wanted his nightly bedtime snack, so she brought him a banana. Jokingly Heather used the banana as a telephone and said the call was for Ethan. Here's the ensuing conversation:
- Heather: "Ethan! It's for you!"
- Ethan: "Who is it, Mom?"
- Heather: "It's Santa Clause."
- Ethan puts the banana to his face like a phone and nonchalantly says: "Hey Santa."
- Ethan pretends to listen and says "What! You wanna drop your elves off here? Well...I guess that would be OK."
- After handing Heather the banana/phone, he grabbed it back and exclaimed "Oh, wait. I have school tomorrow!"
- He pretends to listen, and says, "Oh. OK. Just drop them off at the house."
There's are fine lines between imagination and cute -- and weird!